This treatment is using a scalpel which removes the dead layer of the epidermis as well as vellus hair. Used to rejuvenate the skin, help the appearance of acne scarring, pigmentation, open pores & scars.
This course is open to complete beginners or existing therapists, no previous experience required to attend.
Dermaplaning is now one of the most talked about and sought-after treatments. It is used to remove vellus hair and the dead epidermal layer. It is a good treatment to use in conjunction with dermarollers, chemical peels, mesotherapy, BB Glow & normal facials. The treatment is used a lot in the film and modelling world due to the removal of vellus hair it helps the face look more chiselled and the makeup glides on the skin easier. There is minimal downtime & is quite a pleasant treatment. The treatment outgoings for us is minimal which means it has a good profit margin.
Benefits of dermaplaning:
- Suits most skin types (oily skin can usually break-out after due to stimulation of the sebaceous glands)
- Can be done on clients which are pregnant, who cannot have other treatments such as skin peels
- Minimal downtime (downtime is 24hrs with no makeup, minimal redness)
- Removal of vellus hair
- Removal of dead skin
- Helps with fine lines & scarring
- Doesn’t disrupt the PH level of the skin
- Allows other treatments such as skin peels, dermarollers & mesotherapy to work deeper into the dermis
- Cost effective compared to other ablative therapies (17p per blade)
- Allows makeup to glide on better
- No post light sensitivity (will not go red in the light)